- Last Data Stories/ Flowing Data/ Source
- Discus final project details
- Splash image
- How presentations will work
- Go over how addresses work with Mapbox map
- Use this site for geocoding: http://geocod.io/
- Go over text readings
- Word clouds: Case for avoiding them – http://www.niemanlab.org/2011/10/word-clouds-considered-harmful/
- Intro to “text mining” – http://tedunderwood.com/2012/08/14/where-to-start-with-text-mining/
- Explore text tools:
- Based on what you get in the WordPress system today, you will hear back from me with both edits, and comments on how everything is displaying on WordPress over the weekend, hopefully Saturday, but possibly early Sunday.
- FINAL PRESENTATIONS AND ALL FINAL PROJECT WORK IS DUE HERE!!!!!!
- Text and embedded visualizations all published, after final approval by me, on Medill DC site. All stories should have a cover image selected with a strong visual, and your story should be tagged with the data_projects topic.
- Memo as outlined in syllabus describing your decisions
- Be prepared to give a 5-10 minute presentation describing your work and decisions, as outlined in the syllabus
- Second critique should be handed in, if it isn’t already.